Oral Evidence Sessions
The six oral Evidence sessions will be held from October 2020- March 2021. Witnesses will be called in front of the panel (see the Commission below) to provide evidence from the various practice areas within legal aid and in relation to those areas which LASPO removed from scope. The testimony will feed into the information being gathered in relation to the financial barriers to practicing legal aid, the emotional cost to practitioners and the difficulties associated with providing a service in these circumstances. Each session is expected to last no longer than 2.5 hours and witnesses will join the meetings virtually in order to comply with COVID-19 guidelines. Each session will be attended, in an observational capacity, by justice ministers and/ or senior members of the MoJ and Shadow Justice team. Sessions will be broadcast live through Parliament TV or Zoom.
- Criminal Legal Aid – 29 October 2020
- Family Legal Aid – 19 November 2020
- Civil Legal Aid – 17 December 2020
- Experiences of the Publicly Funded Bar – 28 January 2021
- Access to Justice – 25 February 2021
- Experiences of Junior Lawyers: Diversity, Inclusivity & Routes into the Profession – 25 March 2021
To book tickets for the Westminster Commission into the Sustainability of Legal Aid Oral Evidence Sessions please click on the links below.
JOIN US: Crime | Family | Civil | The Bar | ACCESS TO JUSTICE | JUNIOR LAWYERS